Recommended Audience: Conferences, Conventions, Corporations, Industry Groups, Other Organizations.
Logistics: A 60-minute multi-media presentation delivered by one certified Rachel’s Challenge presenter at your site, or digitally delivered via teleconference platform.
Rachel’s Challenge Keynotes bring the transformational message of Rachel’s Challenge to your live or virtual conference stage, event, or corporate meeting. RC Professional provides you with time-tested models to effectively transform your culture through active social and emotional learning. Inspire, empower, and equip your audience with sessions they will never forget, and can immediately put to use both personally and professionally story that changes everything.
Conveyed through stories from Rachel’s life and writings, this keynote address shows the profound positive impact we can have on those around us. The presentation demonstrates to the listener the power of deliberately reaching out in word and action to others to start what Rachel called “a chain reaction of kindness and compassion.” It encourages participants to examine their own lives in the light of the following 5 challenges:
- Look for the Best in Other
- Continue to Dream
- Be a Positive Influence
- Speak and Act with Kindnes
- Start your own Chain Reaction
• Provides a foundation for building a community of caring that leads to happier employees and a better bottom line
• Leadership and communication skills: participants understand the importance of becoming a listener, and reflect on their relationship with – and impact on – the people around them
• Connecting work to purpose and meaning through service to others – good leadership is an act of service
• Gives participants permission to start their own chain reaction of kindness and compassion, which positively affects the culture and climate of an organization
NOTE: This keynote address can be followed by 3 hours of additional training and education designed to move the emotion and concepts into an actionable plan to sustain or improve the culture of the organization.